Veterinarians - Veterinarian and Owner
Dr. Steven Schuder is the owner of Duluth Veterinary Hospital. He grew up in Grand Rapids, MN. Steve attended Montana State University for his undergraduate studies in Animal Science. He received his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from the University of Minnesota in 1990. He belongs to the American Animal Hospital Association, the Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association, and the Arrowhead Veterinary Medical Association. He is also a member of Hillside Methodist Church. He enjoys running, cross country skiing and rowing which he shares with his wife, Karen, and their three children - Josh, Caleb, and Sophia.
They have two dogs -Toivo and Speckles, and a longhaired cat named Kikkan.
Recent Continuing Education
- American Animal Hospital Association - Annual meeting Los Angeles 30 hours of continuing education of recent topics in veterinary medicine.
- Lymes Disease Update.
- Arrowhead Veterinary Medical Association Recent advances in veterinary dentistry.
- Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association Veterinary Digital Radiography.
- North American Veterinary Conference in Orlando - 30 hours of Recent Topics in Veterinary Medicine.
- AAHA annual conference in Phoenix, AZ. Thirty hours of continuing education on recent ordinances in care and treatment of animals
- Fall meeting - orthopedics.
- Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association Fall Conference - New methods of pain management.